We offer Amateur Radio License testing on all levels. To schedule an appointment or get further instructions, you can contact Gerald Richmond our VEC Liason. Please see the 2023 testing schedule here
To schedule your test or get further information, or have general questions, contact Gerald Richmond – N5ZXJ, the local ARRL/VEC Liaison.
But first a few things to do before and/or know when registering for a test.
1. Must register for the test session. Fill out the form below.
1. If you do not already have an FCC FRN (Federal Registration Number) you should register first. Go here: FCC FRN Registration and Bring the FRN with you to the session. Your Social Security Number information in NO LONGER ALLOWED on any paperwork.
2. You must also have a Valid Email Address and Phone number.
3. If you have a Felony Conviction, please take the time to review the ARRL website or the FCC website regarding getting licensed. (Your paperwork could be denied and or delayed by the FCC)
4. Test Fee is $15.00, Bring some form of Photo ID, Driver’s License, Military ID, Passport, School ID, etc.
Test sessions are held at the Temple Fire Station 8, 7268 Airport Rd. in Temple, Texas.
Park and enter the building on the west side by the Fire equipment display,
Testing Starts at 10am.
Sessions are subject to cancellation with very short notice or the facilities are not available to us on test day.
We’re sorry, this form is temporarily disabled.